FEBRUARY 26th - Pak Don't Give up Cause Pak Don't Care



On this day 1988 (though multiple sources claim 1984, but I’m sticking with the LA Times) Pak Awang, an 84-year-old witch doctor from Malaysia got married. I’ve written about marriages a few times. I’ve written about old people getting married. Older than Pak. I believe I’ve even written about people getting married multiple times. Everybody knows somebody who has been married multiple times. But usually that means like 3 times. Perhaps you know somebody who just doubled-down and is in the 4-10 range. And you kind of judge him/her a little bit, don’t you? But Pak? Pak don’t care 'bout your judgement. He was just a different dude. The type of dude that would get married at age 84 despite the fact he had been married 79 times before. 79 times. Pak don’t give up. I don’t even know how that’s numerically possible. I think it is the most amazing/ridiculous thing that I have ever heard, and I’ve written about the world record for the distance a champagne cork has traveled. Think about it. He was 84 and had been married 80 times. Let’s assume he started young. 14ish. Means he crammed 80 marriages into 70 years. How does that even happen? Did he ever complete the trifecta. Married at breakfast, divorced by lunch, remarried by dinner. But maybe Wife No. 80 stuck for a while. She was 39 years old. You do you, Pak. And even if she didn’t stick, I’m assuming he got back on that horse again. As Calvin Coolidge said, “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.” Not sure he was talking about amount of times to get married, but you know what? Pak don’t give up cause Pak don't care.

This day has been Marked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUGUST 22nd - Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

AUGUST 23rd - History of the One-Way

OCTOBER 23rd - A Blink of the Cosmic Eye