MAY 22 - Teleportation and Hoverboards

It's Happening!




On this day in 1961, The Eye of the Needle (currently SkyCity) at the top of Seattle’s Space Needle became the first revolving restaurant to open. Now the Space Needle is cool. It’s an instantly recognizable landmark, and it just looks neat. But a restaurant that revolves? Meh. Kind of cool, I guess. Works in the Needle for the 360 view. Plus, you get to spin around. I liked doing that when I was a wee little tyke (and I still often spin around in office chairs). If I’m being honest here though, it seems kind of an unnecessary advancement in the dining experience. Then again, the only thing I really care about in my dining experience is my food. I would much rather our brightest technological minds invent something more vital to the improvement of our race. Like teleportation. Or hover boards. So stop making me dizzy and beam me up.

This day has been Marked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUGUST 22nd - Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

AUGUST 23rd - History of the One-Way

OCTOBER 23rd - A Blink of the Cosmic Eye