JULY 5th - Diversify your Sexiness



On this day in 1989, Rod Stewart was doing his thing on stage. Prancing around. All high energy, Rod-the-Mod like and trying to be all overtly-sexy and what not. I’d imagine. I wasn’t there. I was six. But at some point of the performance he bonked his head. I didn’t imagine that. Bonked it so hard that he knocked himself out. I wonder if he were in the middle of “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” I’m sure knocking yourself out during a performance is rather embarrassing, but if it happened during that song he may never have found out she, in fact, wanted his body. Truth is, you need to be careful dealing with an abundance of overt sexiness. Because, let’s face that is what knocked Rod out. Sexiness. I’m not positive it was his own sexiness--never really got the Sexy Rod thing. But let’s just suppose he was in fact singing “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy.” That’s a lot of overt-sexiness build-up. And do you know what happens when there is too much of an overt-sexiness build up? People start getting knocked out. You have to be responsible with overt-sexiness, lest you damage your brain. Or someone else’s. I’d be willing to bet ole Kim Kardashian has knocked herself out a few too many times. Don’t get it twisted though. I’m not saying all sexy people have damaged brains. There are plenty of smart, sexy people roaming the planet all confident and cool from winning a couple of genetic lotteries. But those people are careful with their sexiness. They know sexiness isn’t just bone structure and fake body parts. Intelligence is sexy. Class is sexy. Wit is sexy. Humor is sexy. A sense of adventure is sexy. Kindness is sexy. They are also more sublte than looks. Nobody is getting knocked out from that sexiness. Although you can kill with kindness, so what do I know. Point is, learn from Rod Stewart. Save brains. Diversify your sexiness.

This Day has been Marked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUGUST 22nd - Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

AUGUST 23rd - History of the One-Way

OCTOBER 23rd - A Blink of the Cosmic Eye