JUNE 2nd - Ro-Tel Dip is Delicious

On this day in 1928, Velveeta cheese was created by Kraft. While I'm pretty sure this was the result of some botched experiment to make real cheese last longer, it's not really what I am concerned about. What concerns me is the fact that Ro-Tel wasn't around until 1943 and didn't become widely available until the late fifties, early sixties. Which means that poor Velveeta was just hanging around for 20 something years until Ro-tel was all, "Get me all up in dat cheese." (Ro-Tel says "dat"). That's a long time to wait before getting together with what completes you. Of course Jerry McGuire took a whole two plus hours, a Bruce Springsteen song, and a few mad sprints to realize that Renee Zellweger completed him. But people are different than food. I mean peanut butter and jelly had to have been a package deal from the get-go, while other couplings probably took a little longer...looking at you Arnold Palmer. So maybe people aren't different than food. With regards to coupling, of course. I mean there are a ton of differences between food and people--hopefully I need not point those out to you fine folk. I don't know. I do know that Ro-Tel dip is delicious though. Sorry you had to wait around so long to find out, Velveeta. But I'm glad you stuck it out.

This day has been Marked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUGUST 22nd - Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

AUGUST 23rd - History of the One-Way

OCTOBER 23rd - A Blink of the Cosmic Eye